Help!!!!!!!

Yes those waterchanges should be fine and when adding the bacteria add it directly into the filter intakes as it will then collonise the filter media much faster ;)

As for the starving of your fish...............they will go quite happily without food for at least 4-5 days as when they are imported to this country they go without food for anything up to 10 days!!!! :eek: so dont worry about starving them as its for the best as i described in my previous post ;)
You have to concentrate on lowering the load on your filters as much as possible at the moment :what:

As for "venturi devices" these are fittings supplied with alot of filters to introduce air bubbles into the flow of water from the filter outlet........the AquaEL filters all come supplied with these but the down side of fitting them is that they slow down the filter flow by up to 20% so if you have these fitted remove them to speed up the filter flow :D , in a mature tank they are ok but in a tank with problems or a new "cycling" tank they are a drawback :what:

Hope this helps .......... pete

Hi Pete,

This is probably a really dumb question, but here goes

:p

What is a venturi device and how do I remove it? Do you mean the sponge filter? Or perhaps the air stone on the end of my pump? Sorry!!!!!!! :blush:

Also, the bacteria I have looks exactly like a medicine capsule, and it disolves in about 24 hrs in the tank, how would I add that to the filter?

Also, do you think I should take out the Nitra Zorb from my filter?

Cheers!

Leave the nitrazorb in for now and add the bacteria tabs directly below the filter inlet (ive never come acroos tablet form bacteria but hey give em a go lol)

As for the venturi......................it will connect to the outlet of the filter and have a pipe (like a piece of airline) going to just above the surface of the water and you will get air bubbles in the water flow from the filter it will be clearly seen too

Leave the airstone and airpump running as this is helping your fish :D

Most reactions

Back