FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Reiss

Reaction score
Guys I need some help
I reset my cycle 2 week ago and then put my fish in this weekend
Fish are acting very happy
But water seems slightly cloudy i dont know why
And then I looked just now, and on one of my props there is some white fuzzy stuff growing? Iā€™ve never seen this before and is it harmful to my fish?
I have 1x black Moore, 2x minnows and 2 small shrimps

It wonā€™t let me upload any photos since the file size is too big for the server,
But it isnā€™t any where else on the tank apart from one ceramic rock thing that I have

Are you using an iPhone? If so, take your pic and then go to photos. Choose the pic and hit edit. At the bottom of the pic youā€™ll se the button with arrows to flip the picture. Hit that button. Use the arrows on each corner of pic, move the pic in some to make it smaller and then save. Then you can upload it.

Last edited:
I believe they call it a bacteria bloom. Nothing to worry about. Itā€™s common to newly cycled tanks. You can wipe off the fuzzy stuff. It is not harmful . The cloudiness will soon stop.

I understood the fuzz to be on decor rather than in the water. This is why we need a photo.

Hi, thank you Deanasue I can upload the photo now,
Yes the fuzz is only found on the object in the photo and I canā€™t really describe the water it seems to be cloudy but it might just me not being used to it looking clear as Iā€™m using different media at the bottom made the tank look quite dark

Attachments

• 1B7DD192-2B52-48C8-B5D6-45E93F427D64.jpeg
    1B7DD192-2B52-48C8-B5D6-45E93F427D64.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 98
First, what are your current water parameters; ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH?

It may resolve itself but if it were me, I would do a large water change and add aquarium salt at 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of water. Be sure to dissolve the salt in some tank water before adding it to the tank or it can burn your fish. Fungus hates salt and us why I am suggesting it. Your fish are all cool water fish so keep temp around 70F.

First, what are your current water parameters; ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH?

It may resolve itself but if it were me, I would do a large water change and add aquarium salt at 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of water. Be sure to dissolve the salt in some tank water before adding it to the tank or it can burn your fish. Fungus hates salt and us why I am suggesting it. Your fish are all cool water fish so keep temp around 70F.
Iā€™m not too sure on the levels. it was all new water since two Tuesdays ago I completely changed the whole tank around.
The tank is a 30Liter (about 1 gallon if Iā€™m right)
So should I add a small amount of salt to say a cup of the tank water til it dissolves and add it to the tank?

You can add about 1/4 teaspoon to a cup if tank water. I hate to tell you this, but your tank is way too small. A black Moore alone needs a 20 gallon tank. They grow up to 8ā€ long. You need at least 4 more minnows as they are schoaling fish and need to be in at least groups of 6 or they will stress and eventually die. If you can get a 20 gallon long tank you can pull this off. I raise goldfish and they have to have lots and room. Below is a pic of my 3 year old black moor. She has just recently turned mostly orange due to age. See how big she is?

Attachments

• E50CF480-310E-479D-9CD6-C71CFDB9CABD.jpeg
    E50CF480-310E-479D-9CD6-C71CFDB9CABD.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 56B8455A-B18E-4C82-90AA-2C1289AFD0C7.jpeg
    56B8455A-B18E-4C82-90AA-2C1289AFD0C7.jpeg
    17.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
The tank is a 30Liter (about 1 gallon if Iā€™m right)

Can you clarify this please. 30 litres is 8 gallons; 3.8 litres is 1 gallon.

Although neither size is suitable for goldfish, there are fish that can be kept in 8 gallons/30 litres, but none that can be kept in 1 gallon

Can you clarify this please. 30 litres is 8 gallons; 3.8 litres is 1 gallon
Yes sorry I had in my mind that 1 fallin was 24L, I have a 30 litre tank with the Black Moore and 2 Minnows.
Yes I have looked at getting a new fish tank I am hoping to get a large 120 litre tank or something around that size, so that I can get a full school of the minnows, I used to have another goldfish in there which is why I only have the 2 minnow but he died due to fin rot which is why I done a full new cycle.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back