Help Escaped Nerite Zebra Snail...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rlhirth

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
he was in the tank last night and i have been looking for an hour for him and i cant find him.... there is no where to hid in my tank right now.... and i have looked everywhere i can in the room... moved the dresser the tanks sitting on... moved the bed... under everything i cant find him....

how long can they survive out of the water? or and i already to late...

Taken From: http://fishsupplie-s.com/index.php/aquarium-snails-Zebra-Nerite.html

The aquarium snails can tend to escape from a tank and make its way outside of the tank. It is considered a tidal snail and can live outside of water. Simply pick them up and put them back inside of the tank, they will survive as long as they have not been out of the tank for too long. It is recommend to keep an eye on them and look around the tank occasionally for possible escapes. It is thought that when the snail is uncomfortable it will escape, but will not when happy. The freshwater snails are also extremely docile creatures and do not bother any other aquarium inhabitants.

i just saw that too.... i have had to raise my temp in the last 2 days... i guess i will again tear apart the room....

FOUND HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well after another half an hour i was about to give up when i decided to lift up my over the side filter! and there he was... still inside the tank but behind the filter!!! GRRRR well at least sence everything is pulled out and moved in the room right now i have a reason to sweep under the bed ant what not!!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back