Help Do you think my fish are dead

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Astronomiii

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, I recently got a 55 gallon tank for school. But now that it has been summer. We are out of school. I assigned one of my friends who agreed to help me to look after the tank during June. But when I texted him this morning. He said he forgot all about it and the tank had just been sitting there in the dark for almost 2 weeks now. The tank has plants and the light had been off. So in this case do you know if the fish are in danger? Everything in the tank is listed below. Please any help is appreciated.

Java Fern
Hornwort
Water Sprite

Rainbow Shark
3 Pearl Gouramis
7 Cherry Barbs
7 Harlequinn Rasbora

There may be a few deaths because there was no food but then again... Maybe they survived. I would really try to check on the tank...

The plants are likelly not in the greatest shape but the fish are probably fine. Only way to know is to check on them
Well idk... I was thinking the plants would be growing alot. Like the water sprite and hornwort. But the java ferns may be a little out of shape

Most fish can go 3 weeks unfed. Can and should are different things, but they could well be fine. Someone has to check.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back