Hello From Ontario Canada and Merry Christmas!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MelodyYup

Reaction score
I have 4 aquariums and I've been having fun breeding my swordtails, mollies and guppies. Getting them ready for the auction this spring. One of my tanks is a shrimp tank with hatchet fish, harlequin rasboras and ember tetras .....used to have octacats....don't let anyone tell you they don't eat shrimp fry!!

Welcome and Merry Christmas! Years ago I bread mollies. Currently have 3 tanks, Tetra tank with ember, red eye and neon, a turtle tank and a tank I am trying to silent cycle with guppies and shrimp.

Silent cycle is basically starting with a well planted tank and adding just a small shoal of fish like 6 neon tetras. What you want is to have enough plants to absorb the ammonia the fish make. As the tank cycles you can add another shoal like 6 ember tetras. Always testing and adding the next group depending on water quality. What I did was add a shoal and after a week or so added the next. If you want to do it read up on it first. It worked great with my 55 gallon tank now doing it again with a 30 gallon tank. The fish produce the food (ammonia) for the plants which absorbs it and produces oxygen in the water for the fish.

this sounds pretty cool.... I've never heard of shoal of fish....learning new things all the time!!

Some fish need to be in a group of all the same species. These are referred to as shoaling fish, and include danios, tetras, rasboras, corydoras and many more. When buying these fish, the whole shoal should be purchased at once rather than a few now and a few later.

this sounds pretty cool.... I've never heard of shoal of fish....learning new things all the time!!
Many of us are still learning I know I am. I use to have just plastic plants in my tanks now everything is living plants which is so much better for the fish and water. Plastic is easier but living plants have so much more to offer.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back