The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Beevster

Reaction score
Hello ladies and gentlemen.

My real names Chris but I'm known on-line as Beevster or Bve for short 

I was born in England UK and currently living in Scotland UK

I've been keeping fish on a pet scale since I was about 14 ... 20 years ago! (Man so long!)

My current set up is a jewel 180 vision for community tropical fishy's 

I've managed to breed a few basic fishy's purely for fun like guppy's and just recent paired and bread a pair of Kribensis which have successfully raised some offspring, But sadly the father has taken a turn for the worst, In think he's suffering from early signs of dropsy/hole in the head, Which brings me too these forums for experience & knowledges so I could maybe possibly find help to him and me.

I will add some pictures of my tank at a later date, I just want to quickly introduce myself for now. I need to go combat the bigger problem which brought me here in the first place and try save my fish!

Your New member

Bve

Welcome :) 

I hope he turns out okay, best of luck

move fish to hospital tank, they are contagious.
add one tsp of salt per gallon
feed fresh, high quality foods
treat with methylene blue
that will only work if you catch it early on, if it isn't caught early there isn't much hope to save the fish, best thing to do is freeze it. with the hole in the head and the dropsy combine i would freeze it, putting it out of pain.7
for the hole in the head, do the same, and treat with metronidazole. 
again if it isn't caught early you can't do much.

I unfortunately know nothing about this disease so can't help you there. But I really would not freeze the fish :/ Clove oil seems much more humane.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back