Have I Room For A Dwarf Gourami?

Harlequins

***Corydora Crazy***
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
5,227
Reaction score
10
Points
38
Location
Bristol UK
HI all

I have a 48 gal uk tank
I have in there 10 harleys,6,platies,6 silvertip tetras and 3 cories.

Do i still have room for a centre fish possibly a dwarf gourami?

If i have room i won't be buying it for a few weeks,i have a tad of nitrite thats decided to appear,not sure if this is from overfeeding,thinking about it i did give them a bit too much food the other day has i wanted the cories to get some but the platies kept eating it so i put more in!! :rolleyes:

Or am i up to my limit?
 
Same here :good: You could even have a pair if you so wished. The neon blue variety looks stunning but keep in mind these fish can be prone to disease so need excellent water quality and just beware they can carry viruses, I would quarantine for about 2 weeks before adding them to your main tank.
 
I would definitely go for a Male Dwarf Gourami!

If you do squeeze two males in there I would make sure you are fully planted. My stock levels are greater than yours tbh ( :blush: ) but I am heavily planted with mature filtration. The two dwarf's that I have love frogbit and they always nick this and riccia moss from each others nests - quite an epic thing to watch and really funny at times.

They occasionally come to blows though, and one has previously lost scales but these now growing back. If it weren't for the plants to offer some division I would have been forced to return one of them by now.

They are gorgeous fish though and a nice centre piece for a tank that has mostly shoaling species IMO.
 
Totally off topic - one way to get food to your cories is the sinking tablets, put them in first, and then add flakes for the rest of your fish to distract them from the tablets.
 
Totally off topic - one way to get food to your cories is the sinking tablets, put them in first, and then add flakes for the rest of your fish to distract them from the tablets.

Once a week I mash catsish grub up and deliver direct to door via syringe & airline tube. I am sure my Cory's and Kuhli's would thank me if they could :D
 
Totally off topic - one way to get food to your cories is the sinking tablets, put them in first, and then add flakes for the rest of your fish to distract them from the tablets.

Once a week I mash catsish grub up and deliver direct to door via syringe & airline tube. I am sure my Cory's and Kuhli's would thank me if they could :D


What a good idea. Brilliant :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top