Hamsters From The Past.

You have had some very sweet hamsters :wub:
This is one of my current Dwarf Campbells, Jae. She was living with her mother, Dee, until Dee beat her up and we had to separate them.
2j44x9x.jpg

Wow!! old post!

Im glad to see it!!I have thousands of photos!! Just means I might have to add more ;) Can use the excuse of ...er.... educating people of the genetics and colours of hamsters and errr... spreading the cuteness!!

-FighterFishh

Unfortunately... the reason your amsters fought were because like my poor beloved Shrumpy, your dwarf hamster isn't a Campbells but a Hybrid of Campbells and Winter Whites dwarf hamsters....

Im trying to think of the easiest way how to explain how to tell... its mainly down to experience in seeing both species and seeing hybrids...

The obvious sign in your (and may i add beautiful!!) hamster is her large eyes!! Campbells have the same body as yours but much much smaller eyes!!

I will see what photos i have that will show this...

But unless you find a hamster show near you (i can find out if you want), any dwarf hamster you buy from a shop will be a hybrid, same with most breeders unless they are a registered member of the hamster society who are the only ones holding pure bred species...

TBH I adored Shrumpy, my hybrid, he had a far better temper than Blaine his full brother. It goes to show! Full hybrid brothers, shrumpy had a short life but perfect temperment but horrible way to go..... Blaine lived a long time but had a nasty nippy temper on him!

I recently purchased a pair of Pure Winter Whites and the difference was huge... i have since had to move them on again, i have moved house twice in 2 months and will move again soon, its not fair on any animals... even my fish have gone!

Bah i ramble....

more photos?

PS- The black hamster with the choc drop was called Durex... looooong story!! His son was called Trojan haha!! :)

Most reactions

Back