Guppy Removal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

max22

Reaction score
Good evening,
A series of events both good and bad led to my tank currently having two males and 1 female (bad I know). I am planning to add more females shortly but the female is pregnant again I believe but this time she is alone and being constantly harassed by the 2 males even with all the floating water sprite etc. I feel if this continues she may die in childbirth or not give birth at all. I have a 3.2-gallon bare bottom hospital tank, would it be ideal to place her in the tank until birth?
Thanks!

P.S I have a separate grow-out tank with babies so they have a bigger tank after they are born.

Others will disagree with me but I have had the same issue in the past and know how aggressive the males can be. I would move her until birth and get another couple of females before moving her back. Good luck!

Others will disagree with me but I have had the same issue in the past and know how aggressive the males can be. I would move her until birth and get another couple of females before moving her back. Good luck!
Thanks a lot. Just to clarify the birth/hospital tank is 2.2 gal, not 3.8 which is reasonably small. Will she be ok in so small of a space?

Thanks a lot. Just to clarify the birth/hospital tank is 2.2 gal, not 3.8 which is reasonably small. Will she be ok in so small of a space?
That is pretty small. Can you get a plastic food safe tub like a Sterlite or Rubbermaid to use. A 4 gallon is cheap and I use them as quarantine tanks. You can drill holes in the lid for air. Move some filter media over to help cycle it. Gravel from other tank too.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back