guppy keep on burning theirselves

mr_br0kn_drmz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my guppys keep on burning theirselves on the heater. is there a way i can prevent this?

i already had my lyretail die from this. and now one of my preggy females is burnt. she is acting normal but is here anything i can put in the tank to help her heal?

Hey there,
A couple of my fish have burnt themselves before. I suggest going to your lfs and buying a heater guard. They aren't that expensive and They definately wont burn themselves anymore after you put it on.

As for medication I would just put extra stress coat in. The aloe vera which is in the stress coat will soothe the burns, just as it helps people when they get sunburned!

Good Luck! :)

I've never heard of a fish burning themselves on the heater before. :/

I hope it never happens. Good luck healing the poor things. :)

What brand are your heaters? I have an Ebo Jager (really good quality) and a Petcetera one (not so good quality) and both come with guards to prevent the fish from getting burned. I thought all heaters did. . . :dunno:

Wish your fish a speedy recovery :)

....... bad news. she died yesterday night . but i use a whisper 100 watt heater in both tanks. should i use a different type of heater? or can you reccomend one? :rip:

I would just get a guard for the heater. It goes over the end of the heater so that the fish can't come in actual contact with it. Its cheaper than buying all new heaters.

Most reactions

Back