Guppy fry...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
what type of fry are they?
very cute, also do you keep differnt species fry together?
These are guppy fry of one of my mutt tanks.
No, I don't keep specifically fry of different species together. Unless in a tank are 2 or 3 different species in there. And when they'll reproduce, there will be 2 or 3 different kinds of livebearer fry swimming in there. There are tanks with 1, 2 and 3 livebearer species. And in case of more than 1 species, the different species should tolerate the same water conditions, they are friendly with another and they shouldn't be able to crossbreed. If one of the 3 mentioned conditions is lacking, the livebearer species won't be combined with another species.
Most of the fry are born in the tank of the adults (most livebearers overhere won't eat their fry with some exceptions of course). They'll grow up in the same tank. But if there are way too many, then they'll go to different grow out tanks. When fish are getting used to different sized tank mates (so also very small ones), at some point they tend not to chase the fry anymore.
Surely, if you'd breed multiple species like I do, be sure to have always extra tanks at hand.
This months the first number of livebearer species will move to outdoor tubs again. And I'll start with those species that can even handle lows of 5-10°C water temperature. And mostly in October or November the livebearers will be harvested by me.

These are guppy fry of one of my mutt tanks.
No, I don't keep specifically fry of different species together. Unless in a tank are 2 or 3 different species in there. And when they'll reproduce, there will be 2 or 3 different kinds of livebearer fry swimming in there. There are tanks with 1, 2 and 3 livebearer species. And in case of more than 1 species, the different species should tolerate the same water conditions, they are friendly with another and they shouldn't be able to crossbreed. If one of the 3 mentioned conditions is lacking, the livebearer species won't be combined with another species.
Most of the fry are born in the tank of the adults (most livebearers overhere won't eat their fry with some exceptions of course). They'll grow up in the same tank. But if there are way too many, then they'll go to different grow out tanks. When fish are getting used to different sized tank mates (so also very small ones), at some point they tend not to chase the fry anymore.
Surely, if you'd breed multiple species like I do, be sure to have always extra tanks at hand.
This months the first number of livebearer species will move to outdoor tubs again. And I'll start with those species that can even handle lows of 5-10°C water temperature. And mostly in October or November the livebearers will be harvested by me.
Cool, mutts are sooo pretty

Cool, mutts are sooo pretty
Mutts can be very good looking fish indeed... Unfortunately, there are people that think that by hearing the word "mutts" that they must be bad looking fish. Well, doesn't have to be... They can even be remarkably beautiful...

Mutts can be very good looking fish indeed... Unfortunately, there are people that think that by hearing the word "mutts" that they must be bad looking fish. Well, doesn't have to be... They can even be remarkably beautiful...
yes, mutt tanks are just basically beautiful guppies that are not breeding true

Most reactions

trending

Back