Guppy Fry - Strange Tails....

Cooper2085

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
589
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Just moved my fry into a little 1ft tank while they grow a little bigger. Iv noticed now though that some f the tails seem to be... Like swords. I know they can cross breed with swords, but some f the babies look just like the male guppy i have. Im just wanting to make sure that there tails are not being stunted by anything and there ok.

Pics -

DVC01251.jpg


DVC01250.jpg
 
Just moved my fry into a little 1ft tank while they grow a little bigger. Iv noticed now though that some f the tails seem to be... Like swords. I know they can cross breed with swords, but some f the babies look just like the male guppy i have. Im just wanting to make sure that there tails are not being stunted by anything and there ok.

Pics -

DVC01251.jpg


DVC01250.jpg

they are clamped fins , ive had it with guppies before check water conditions? :unsure:
 
Absolutly Gutted. Huge Nitrite spike no idea what caused it the tank "was" fully cycled. I guess moving things around must have upset it. Feeling pretty down now, will clamp tail sort itself out in better water conditions?
 
Absolutly Gutted. Huge Nitrite spike no idea what caused it the tank "was" fully cycled. I guess moving things around must have upset it. Feeling pretty down now, will clamp tail sort itself out in better water conditions?

should hopefully do ,a good thing i used which worked but no point in using it till water levels are better is "king british revitiliser tonic", helps with clamped fins and worked a treat for me with guppie fry
 
Well iv put them in the main tank now, the nitrite level was just off the scale and i have no idea why. Using the same sponge in there, added a fluval 1 last night... Could that be it?

Hopefully my other fish wont eat them, the only worry is the other guppys but they seem fine... Most fry is 1/2" to 3/4" long. 2 fry were dead (They were clamped), im just gutted. Iv looked after these for a month now :(
 
Water change ASAP. Every batch of guppies I had that got that died. D:

And if you wanted to know, you cannot cross guppies and swordtails. They're from different families. And swords don't get their tails until they get almost full grown. :)
 
Well 99% of the clamp tailed ones died. I think 1 is left. I have 10-15 in the main community tank now, they seem fine and nothing is trying to eat them. I guess i just notch this down to expirience, going to get my fry tank re-cycled asap.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top