Grrrr

kribensis12

I know where you live
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
8,679
Reaction score
593
Points
113
Location
Peoria, Illinois
Okay, i posted a thread in the Sports area, but tis not been getting any attention, unless you count the many bumps i've been giving it, hopeing someone notices it. Well, im going to florida on the 31st, and i want to go fishing there. I willb e in St.Petersburg, and i was wondering if anyone of you Floridaians( ?) new of a lake or reserve or something by or in St. Petersburg. Please post!!!!!!!!!!
 
Cant help you with that fishing question, but kinda felt bad for you that you were being ignored so thought Id give you a free bump!xx
 
Krib, I don't know of a specific place to go, but apparently, there are cichlids pretty much everywhere! The more south you go, the better it is.

Here is the FWC website with the introduced species and their range: http://www.floridaconservation.org/fishing...non-native.html

I don't know how good the fishing is going to be in St. Petersburg, but good luck anyway. From what I've heard, you can catch some interesting fish over there, but like I said earlier, it's better down south near the 'glades. Let me know how it goes! :good:
 
Okay, i posted a thread in the Sports area, but tis not been getting any attention, unless you count the many bumps i've been giving it, hopeing someone notices it. Well, im going to florida on the 31st, and i want to go fishing there. I willb e in St.Petersburg, and i was wondering if anyone of you Floridaians( ?) new of a lake or reserve or something by or in St. Petersburg. Please post!!!!!!!!!!

Fresh or salt fishing? You can go to almost any of the local piers and catch anything from shark to tarpon.
 
I was thinking more freshwater as i dont have a strong enough line for Salt fishing. There is no way my parents will take me down by the glades, my mom is afriad of snakes and anything else that moves and wont allow it. grrrrrrrr.
 
I was thinking more freshwater as i dont have a strong enough line for Salt fishing. There is no way my parents will take me down by the glades, my mom is afriad of snakes and anything else that moves and wont allow it. grrrrrrrr.
Just check around in the area. There is bound to be some type of lake/retention pond area. There are fish everywhere, you just have to try finding them. ;)
 
I was looking into fishing for mollies, platies, guppies, sowrdtails, and the occasional cichlid, but would any of theese be in a retention area? Also, im 14, do i need a lincsense? And at what age do you need one? Do you know of any places specifically designated for fishing near St. Petersburg?
 
I was looking into fishing for mollies, platies, guppies, sowrdtails, and the occasional cichlid, but would any of theese be in a retention area? Also, im 14, do i need a lincsense? And at what age do you need one? Do you know of any places specifically designated for fishing near St. Petersburg?
Since you are only 14, you don't need to have a license. You will when you turn 16, though.

Google around to try to find places to fish over there. I live in Orlando, so I don't really know, but I'm sure you could find out on fishing forums or something like that. :good:
 
i tried to google it, and nothing helpful came up. I guess we will have to just look around, but i figuerd it would save gas if i found out online.
 
i tried to google it, and nothing helpful came up. I guess we will have to just look around, but i figuerd it would save gas if i found out online.
I have an idea! Find a local bait place and call them up. They'll definitely get you the answers you need. :D
 
Most definatley. I will try, but i dont own a computer. My sister has a laptop, but i dont think she'll let me use it. But well see. Pics wont be avalible until i get back anyway.
 
I live in the St. Pete area and I've never heard of any bodies of water with Platies or Mollies. Cichlids have been appearing because they seem to adapt to anything. It's a problem where people decide to just dump the fish from their aquariums they don't want. The fish manage to survive and it shifts the natural equation of everything. Oh, watch out for gators. :unsure:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top