Gourami Is Weak/swimming Sideways And Upside Down

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
If the fish is swimming upside down and clearly trying to swim the right way up, then it sounds a lot like swim bladder disease.
However, I have a Moonlight Gourami which does swim in an exceptionally different way to all my other fish. By this, I mean that he is often eating food from the bottom of the tank or nibbling on plants whilst swimming completely vertical, with his head downwards and his tail to the surface. If this is similar to what you're describing then I don't think it's anything to worry about. :good:

thats what i thought as well, also a pointer towards ammonia poisioning

So, that looks like a Rainbow Dwarf. Possible DGD. Watch it for the next couple of days. If it does not improve, you should euthanize it.

Please do not buy Dwarf Gouramis. I swear, 75% of the ones I had bought over time got DGD.

Just to ask, what is dgd?

DGD is Dwarf Gourami Disease.

And I checked my ammonia which was 0. So I have no idea whatsoever what the problem is past it being DGD. Which is sad. I hate to euthanize the fish.

Well I came home yesterday to find him not being able to swim or balance at all. So I had to put him to sleep (clove oil) :( . Is DGD that common?

Hi ,sorry to hear that,i`ve had 3 female gouramis die within 2 weeks,asked shop and they also said that they`re having a problem with their dwarf gouramis dieing ,i`m left with 1 m and 1f ,not buying anymore,only had them for three weeks and 3 have died,hopefully last 2 will last longer .They also had problem with swimming ,kept sinking to bottom and falling on side ,didn`t swim upside down though,they all died after few hours ,how do you ehthanize them with clove oil,by the way?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back