Good news, I was able to buy some anacharis today

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I guess I didn't know anacharis was hard to come by. Reading this post now, I feel like I want some, and now I'm nervous I might not be able to find any. Hahaha. You've given me new problems.

Yes, most LFSs have difficulty to find stocks unless they are located their the farms.
In my country, most of the livestocks and plants have come in.
And during the weekend, you will have long queues of people waiting to get into the LFS.
I usually try to go during the weekdays during the closing hours 9-10:30pm where there are fewer people. I can easily browse around the LFS.
Some plants like Flame Moss and Cabombas are so beautiful.
They also sell small Anubias Nana where you can tie (DIY) them to your driftwoods. 5 for SGD 5. They are nice and hardy.

Something to share with you...

Recently, I discovered that putting Anacharis in tap water without water conditioner seemed to kill the plant.
I think our tap water Chlorine and Chloramine are too harsh for the Anacharis that are very good absorber of chemical.

When I put them in water treated with water conditioner, none of them melt despite our recent hot weather of 31degC (88degF).
So, I guess my earlier thought the melting of Anacharis is caused by heat was wrong.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back