Good Coldwater Fish But Poor Tropical?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Harlequins

***Corydora Crazy***
Reaction score
Hi all

I went to a big water garden today,i won't name has i don't want to slate them,but they do whole range of coldwater goldfish.koi's,coldwater catfish,trout etc... the works,the tanks were fab,fish looked stunning,good and healthy. :good:

Even the reptile side was clean,healthy looking snakes,turtles,bugs etc... :good:

But when we went into the tropical side we were disappointed,the fish looked lethargic,dirty tanks,dead fish,bettas and guppies with torn tails,half the tanks were undergoing medication treatment.They even had dead fishes floating in catching nets on top of tanks,probably got them out but forgot to remove it.

So how can their pond fish look so fab but tropical fish look poor?!! :unsure:

Its a shame because on the whole i would've recommended them if it wasn't for the tropical side.

That is bizarre! Could be the staff's interests lie with coldwater and they give them all their attention? I would have spoken to someone though.

would this garden centre be baytree garden centre if so i know exactly what you mean i think its because they sell large koi each worth 100s of pounds and they all run on the same filter inc the goldfish so they have extremel good filteration

so no koi die so all the coldwater fish benefit from the big koi being so expensive

Quite possibly to do with the shipment. Most places don't have enough space to quarentine, so it's just tough luck if the fish aren't great when they arrive.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back