Goldfish pineconing and covered in white. Ich medication not working at all. Help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wow, that truly is an amazing recovery! Are you suuuure you're not showing us a pic of a different fish and having us on? ;) :lol:

Kidding! I can tell that it's the same fish, but it truly is an incredibly difference! I don't think many people could have brought him back from the condition he was in, but you clearly have! Wow, what a beauty too. Couldn't see how pretty he was before, but he really is a lovely fish. So nice to see such a great update! Thank you for taking the time to come back and update, along with all the time you put into saving him. Not that many people do come back with updates, so it's really appreciated to see such great news!

Also think of this way - if you look at posts and compare the number of views compared to the number of comments (or the number of guests compared to the number of members on the forum at any one time) you'll see just how many people lurk forums like these. When someone has a sick fish and googles "goldfish pineconed/goldfish ich" or similar, they often find threads like these, while looking for info about their own fish. Being able to see the difference in Benny and what you did to help him is likely to give a lot of those people hope for their own fish, and make them much more likely to put the work in to save them, like you did. :wub:

Would be great to see him once he's back in the pond, if you're happy to share that good news too, :D
Thanks! I think he's so amazing ;). I'll update when he goes back into the pond, what a happy man he'll be.

Mods, any chance this thread could be pinned somewhere please? I just think the before and after of this fish is incredible, and the owner was dedicated to saving him and did what she had to! I've been linking it often to people with fish that look at deaths door, but still stand a chance of recovery like this one did!
@Fishmanic @Wills

Mods, any chance this thread could be pinned somewhere please? I just think the before and after of this fish is incredible, and the owner was dedicated to saving him and did what she had to! I've been linking it often to people with fish that look at deaths door, but still stand a chance of recovery like this one did!
@Fishmanic @Wills
Wow thank you! I'm so glad Benny had such an impact, he's back in the pond happy as ever doing great. I'll post a picture of him and his friend tomorrow, every time someone walks past him outside he's always asking for food:fish:

The other fish, his friend was super depressed and wasn't eating the whole time Benny was gone. As soon as I put Benny back, this fish was eating again always swimming with Benny so happy his friend was back.

I just find it so fascinating that such an animal can show that he missed his friend (who is half his size). Its such a cute duo!
Its all back to normal, I think they appreciate each other a bit more ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back