Goldfish is bleeding!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishexpert1996

Reaction score
Hi, all:

My fantail goldfish had developed red streaks over it’s body in the past 3/5days and I have no idea why. I have done a 80% water change and still nothing. She is looking weak and idle. Any suggestions? Photos attached.

Thanks,
Aaron.
1148240C-5EAF-4B26-A556-EFF136C1613C.jpeg
EF8CB979-F166-428B-B12D-914556B310D9.jpeg

Can we get some more info? I see that your goldfish is in a sink right now, I assume just to wash off the blood? Is it tanked with other goldfish? I can't personally think of anything that would do this aside from being attacked or maybe it cut itself on something sharp in the tank?

You are describing haemorrhagic septicemia, a blood infection. It's a goldfish problem, and is caused by bacteria normally around in tanks. It takes off when fish are in poor condition, from a buildup of wastes in the water or another type of stress.
My fish treatment books suggest antibiotic laced food, and isolation of the visibly sick fish. The whole tank must be treated. What food I can't say - I am not in your country.

You are describing haemorrhagic septicemia, a blood infection. It's a goldfish problem, and is caused by bacteria normally around in tanks. It takes off when fish are in poor condition, from a buildup of wastes in the water or another type of stress.
My fish treatment books suggest antibiotic laced food, and isolation of the visibly sick fish. The whole tank must be treated. What food I can't say - I am not in your country.
Thank you,

This seems to be the case.

The goldfish died last night :(
She was the only fish in the tank, only had a water change a week before and using water quality sticks all seemed okay.

And yes, that is indeed a sink, when nothing else works you have to try other things and I thought the tap could brush/clean the blood away. Plus provides a clearer picture for here so you can see what the problem is.

RIP my little goldie 😔

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back