Going to start adding fish

Guppylover

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Ok, tommorow or the day after I'm going to start adding new fish to my cycled tank, these are the fish that will be added.

#3 Swordtail
#5 Rosy Barb
#6 Emperor Tetra
#4 Bronze Cory
#2 Dwarf Otocinclus

The first fish I will be adding are the swordtails ( I already have one in my tank, she is a gift from my friend and anyway she breeds swordtails). Followed by the Bronze Cory, Rosy Barbs, Emperor Tetra then at last the Dwarf Otocinclus. The break between the adding of the fish is two weeks...*sigh* I'm not a very patient person.
Is what I'm doing ok?
This tank has been cycling for 2 and a half weeks and is planted.

Do you mean you have been fishless cycling by adding ammonia to simulate fish wastes, or do you mean that you've just let the tank sit empty with the filter running for a couple weeks?

OK, so you are cycling with fish, sorry i didn't pick that up when i read it the first time. I'll bow out of offering you further advice since i personally don't agree with cycling with fish, but i'm sure someone else here can help you out.

What are your parameters for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? If they are not proper levels for a cycled tank then you should not add any more fish until the tank is stable. :)

I checked everything yesterday the nitrite and nitrate levels were fine but the ammonia was just a bit high. So I did a water change and tested again. It was a bit better then... mabye I should wait a few days.

definitely wait until everything is perfect. Then your fish will have a much friendlier environment to come into and they will reward you with plenty of wonderful moments. :)

Most reactions

Back