Glowing Blue Eyes

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

jarw101

Reaction score
Spotted these tiny shoaling fish in LFS today and they has clear body's and had bright blue neon eyes that glowed. But i can't remember their name?

Anyone know/ideas?

Spotted these tiny shoaling fish in LFS today and they has clear body's and had bright blue neon eyes that glowed. But i can't remember their name?

Anyone know/ideas?

sounds like Lampeyes? which are often sold at a tiny size sometimes even twice as small as a neon tetra

Those sound like Norman's Lampeyes. I have 6 and they are brill, they are a type of killifish. Mine have grown really well and with overhead lighting would recommend to anyone!

Normans Lampeyes or Javanese Ricefish, the Rice Fish are a LOT easier to keep and personally, i prefer them!

ricefish's eyes aren't half as bright as the lamp eyes.
pretty little fish.
if i was ever to keep small fish again, these would be high on my list!

i used to breed lamp eye's, when they get to an inch or so you can tell the males apart, they get yellow fins and pointed anal fin.
brilliant to watch, very lively, and although a relatively dull body colour, they are very pretty fish.

Dave

depends which ricefish you've seen!?

I have a tank of rice fish on the soft water system next to the lampeyes and the rice fish are just as bright, eyes and body, the only difference is the size, the rice fish are a bit larger and more confident.

Sounds more like lampeye killies than ricefish though they could be either. I keep lampeyes and although they can be a bit sensitive at first once settled in are great nano(ish) fish. Mine dont even eat newborn endlers or shrimplets.

These sound nice - I remember seeing some Emerald eye rasporas in a demo tank with lots of plants etc. They looked stunning with mostly on the eyes peering through the dense foliage :) The fella said they don't stock them anymore as people consider them to be expensive feeders :blink:
Another LFS has some emerald or bright eyed Neons never seen these before but they are like small neons with incredibly bright eye regions... Very pretty not cheap!

Could this be selective bred species of Neon or something else?

Most reactions

Back