Giant Armano shrimp

Magnum Man36 151

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
7,653
Reaction score
6,913
Points
113
Location
Southern MN
I recently bought a couple shrimp advertised as XXL… these are the biggest I’ve ever seen, or owned… I’ll have to get a picture of the biggest one…. It’s a full 1/2 inch longer than this one that offered up a good photo opportunity this morning…I’d guess that the biggest one is nearing 3” long… I didn’t think they got that big???

Could they be something else???
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4111.webp
    IMG_4111.webp
    143 KB · Views: 112
It's definable an Amano, the females do get big!
 
I've been in the market for Amano Shrimp, but all of my LFS have not been getting them in. Did you order yours locally or online?
 
One line from Joes… I think he is out of the jumbo’s right now… if they still have hem, I’ll link
 
Joe’s is out, but these guys have them, and I have ordered them from them, & had good luck
 
Awesome, appreciate the recommendation! I'm always wary to find online retailers that take proper shipping precautions.
 
I’m lacking in locals… had problems with 2 mail order so far, but seems like “most” are pretty good… only had tanks set up for close to a year, after taking a 15 year break… a lot has changed in the last 15 years
 

Most reactions

Back
Top