ghost shrimps

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

handsomeboy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i bought 3 ghost shrimps a week ago, they were an inch long, the biggest fish in the tank is a pleco whose mouth is half an inch when its sucking on glass.

did they die/got buried in gravel/get eaten or are they hiding/shedding?

pls answer

thx
hb

They can be hard to find in a tank, but there is a reason they are sold as food. I would not be surprised if they were eaten. Hopefully they are just hiding in the plants or something.

Good luck

I think they may have been eaten unfortunatly. The fish in that tank are highly likely to take a peck at those shrimps. I have seen Angels and Tiger Barbs eat Ghost Shrimps before. If you can't find them this is the most likely answer.

found'em!!

unfortunately they were on the ground ,outside my tank...

how in the world did they get there? do they jump high? i only have tiny holes on the covers

oh well...

Ghost shrimp are escape artists and will climb out of a tank if it isn't well sealed. This has only happened to one of mine though. They can also be terrific hiders...I thought three of mine had died and when I went to clean the tank...Low and behold...There they were.

Thats so wierd that that they tried to jump out! I have heard rumours that this happens but the guy at the lfs said that was crazy talk....of course i am always skeptical of those fellas at the lfs...but mine has never tried to jump out...how often does this happen?

Any fish or water creature is liable to jump out of the tank. the shrimp was probably chased by a fish and got scared and jumped out. I've been able to keep eight of them alive for nearly a month (6 of them for over three, 2 for nearly a month) and they've never tried to jump out.

I fed 2 of them to my goldfish accidentally, and that's the only time I saw them try to jump out.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back