Getting New Tank Which One Should I Get

seth

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
165
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Tennessee
Im getting a new tnak in july! its going to be 55 gallon. I was wondering what were some good 55 gallon tanks that were under 200 us dollars. thanks for any help :blush:
 
Where are you located at, Seth? Try searching craigslist or greensheet or whatever local papers near you. Someone did post this website and they have great prices: http://www.glasscages.com/ I haven't bought from them myself though -- so I can't say anything about their service or delivery, but $70 for a 55 gallon is pretty good. I did see a 55 gallon going for $100 at Petco. Of course, these are prices for the tank only; comes with nothing else.
 
Are you talking just a tank, or with stand? A 55 gallon tank by itself is only $115 or so. I've seen All-Glass brand 55 gallon tank for under $120 in more than one store.

Karl
 
I paid just over $300 at Petsmart. That was with the stand and the aquarium, but the aquarium had a setup package with a power filter and heater, and some little samples of food and dechlorinator. Might wanna check it out because buying the heater and filter separate can add up quickly. It did kinda suck too having to put the stand together, but I felt like I accomplished something afterwards at least.

It'll more than likely be cheaper to buy a used one, but I was a little wary because you don't how old the tank is and how the person has taken care of it over the years. At least with a new tank I know I'm the only person to touch it and it has a warranty in case it starts leaking or something.
 
You don't even necessarily have to go for a tank stand... just make sure that the stand you choose can hold the weight.

Dazed, you can buy the assembled stands for a fee (unless it is the last one Petsmart has in stock, in which case you get the assembled item for free :P)
 
for a stand im just gonna use my old desk its completely flat and ginormous.
 
for a stand im just gonna use my old desk its completely flat and ginormous.

i dont think i would trust a 'desk' to hold the weight of 55 gallons of water, thats over 200kg (1/5 of a tonne) for the water alone. better to stick to stands that are designed for aquariums.
 
I'd rather just put in the work myself than pay a fee to have someone do it, especially after already spending so much! And theres no way I'd trust anything but an actually tank stand. I couldnt imagine coming home one day and finding my living room flooded with 55 gallons of water. Plus I live on the second floor so I don't think my downstairs neighbors would be too happy either! :unsure:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top