getting a shark for a new tank

update on shark situation: talked to the LFS guy, who said he thought they would be ok as long as the dominant one has to split his attention between the two others. they're pretty small right now so maybe they'll be fine for awhile, but i'm gonna keep a very careful eye on them. the LFS guy did say that if i felt uncomfortable with them all in there or saw one harassing the others too much that i could bring two back and get something else, which im pretty pleased with, since this store generally has a 'no refunds' policy.

so that being said, if and when that happens, suggestions for tankmates? right now ive got a group of 10 tiger barbs and the 3 sharks. there are red-bellied rams at the LFS i thought were pretty cool, although i cant find any info on them in the fish index. any suggestions?

The guy at the fish shop, while he seems flexible on the returns policy is fiving you some pretty bad advice. Every source of information about these fish states that you should only keep one to a tank.

Are theres there rams you saw? http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=59127

yea those look like the rams there in the lfs. any ideas on those being added to the tank in place of two of the sharks?

a different sort of question, but i didnt want to make a whole new topic. i dont know if the red tailed black shark is getting enough food, if any. hes rarely out from under his rock when i feed the barbs and even if hes not, they snatch up all the food in about ten seconds. and then i see him 'eating' off the rocks and plants all the time like he's looking for food?

since ive gotten them, the shark hasnt gotten any bigger but the barbs have grown noticeabley, clearly they are hogging all the food. is this a problem? any way to get around this?

thanks in advance!

Most reactions

Back