German Blue Ram

vpx

Reaction score
bought a 60 litre tank 6 weeks ago and added 2 german blue rams about 1 week ago and was wondering which other fish could go with them ?

Ideally GBR's should be kept with a sand substrate, it's essential in my opinion, they're earth eaters so it's only fair that they're given the correct environment, but if you have sand then everything is fine already! You could go for a shoaling Tetra, Cardinal Tetra's would be a good choice, considering that the Rams and Cardinal Tetra's both come from environments in which the water temperature is about 28-30oC, if kept in lower temperatures their immune system may become suppressed and they will be more susceptible to diseases such as Hole in the head and other fungal disease.

It depends rather on the temperament of your rams.
I've got one in a tank with some green neons (Paracheirodon simulans) and she's fine with them, but I've got another female that was so livid when I added some marbled hatchets to the tank, she went on a spree and killed 9 of the neons (not the hatchets though; it was very odd).
She's living with silvertips now, though she spent a few weeks in with a dozen tiger barbs and did fine with them too.

Welcome! I have 2 female GBRs. 1 is very timid. I can put anything in with her. The other one is a terror. She goes after everything, even fish that are 10 times her size. :blush:

Ooo im putting Some GBR's in tomorrow, my tank is a steady 28.5 degrees and i currently have cardinal tetras and small plec in there.

I have read they can be a community tank fish, but as above i think it depends on the individuals temperament.

Good luck with it all!

Most reactions

Back