Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
2x Tank of the Month🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Anyone make their own gel food?

My fish go bonkers for it.

I use:
Mealworms, zucchini, broccoli, garlic, spinach, and cucumber in this batch. And of course gelatin.

Mine wont touch the store bought stuff. Never thought about making it

Mine wont touch the store bought stuff. Never thought about making it
You can substitute the mealworms with shrimp or fish too! I just use the mealworms because i raise them, so i have plenty. One batch of this stuff i use a cup of mealworms in.

Boil the proteins and veggies until soft, then throw in a food processor until its almost a paste, then set it with the gelatin. I use plain knox brand for the gelatin. Can add whatever safe veggies or proteins as you want, depending on the type of fish you have. I went omnivore since i feed both carnivores and omnivores and a couple vegetarians. Can be fed to snails too and shrimp.

Freeze it in portions and thaw what you need. Works good

You can substitute the mealworms with shrimp or fish too! I just use the mealworms because i raise them, so i have plenty. One batch of this stuff i use a cup of mealworms in.

Boil the proteins and veggies until soft, then throw in a food processor until its almost a paste, then set it with the gelatin. I use plain knox brand for the gelatin. Can add whatever safe veggies or proteins as you want, depending on the type of fish you have. I went omnivore since i feed both carnivores and omnivores and a couple vegetarians. Can be fed to snails too and shrimp.

Freeze it in portions and thaw what you need. Works good
I bet an ice cube tray would be a good way to freeze it

I bet an ice cube tray would be a good way to freeze it
That, or ziplock freezer bags laid flat as it sets, then freeze on flat surface. Break off the amount you need each day...

I may try making little fish pops out of it next time. Smear the gel on a stick of driftwood and set it, then feed it. For my farlowellas.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back