FX6 Replacement Hose Options

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Eagle2943

Reaction score
Iā€™ve just setup an FX6 but really not keen on the corrugated hose and clips, someone recommended using the JBL Outset/InSet kits which are 19/25, I could then use a quality Eheim 19/27 hose. The 19/27 hose also should fit snuggly straight on to the stock Fluval valves that connect to the top of the FX6.

Has anyone else tried this? Are there any better off the shelf products? Iā€™m not great with DIY so would prefer a stock off the shelf product if possible. Open to options though.

Whilst the 19/27 hose is a bit smaller than the stock hose which I believe is 24mm ID, is this an issue? I have a moderately stocked 360L tank.

7536ECF1-5025-4056-BDB9-E55089F7CFDC.jpeg

Attachments

• C7CC514C-BCD2-473B-80A8-D18005ED1872.jpeg
    C7CC514C-BCD2-473B-80A8-D18005ED1872.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 23
I use a 407 fluval with the corrugated hoses. I was initially concerned about them but have used them for over a year without any issue. The one thing I like about them is that they will not collapse under a normal vacuum, ie the return line, and are next to impossible to kink. Have you considered just using the ones that came with the filter.

I use a 407 fluval with the corrugated hoses. I was initially concerned about them but have used them for over a year without any issue. The one thing I like about them is that they will not collapse under a normal vacuum, ie the return line, and are next to impossible to kink. Have you considered just using the ones that came with the filter.
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m using now, I just hoped something similar to the Eheim installation kits comes available for the Fluval.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back