FW lobster

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

spAcE mOnkEy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i always loved crayfish, i would catch em in streams and look at em. i see freshwater red lobsters sold in petstores, and they are just crayfish i think unless its a different family. i wanted to get one but im not sure about tank size and how big tehy get. i have had one b4 when i was really new to fish keeping, and since it was in with aggressive fish, when it molted they ate him. i wanted to know what tank size it could be in, and if it could be with any other fish. thx

Size etc depends on what sort it is, (there are numerous different sorts of "blue lobsters") I wouldn't advise keeping them with any fish though, If the fish is too big for the crayfish to eat, on the whole the fish will be big enough to eat the crayfish.

Nice pets though, I've got one (that will grow to about a foot) he lovely.

Hi..I have a Hammer's cobalt blue 'lobster'. He is about 3 inches long and has already molted. He seems pretty docile right now and I have a 46 gallon FW tank. At present, he gets along with everybody..who knows what will happen when he gets larger (supposedly only 5 inches). He's a lot of fun to watch and one of the highlights of my tank. Good luck. Frank

NO, no, no!! Don't EVER keep lobsters/crayfish with fish. It doesn't work!!! Fish are a lobsters natural prey; even if your fish don't get chewed up by it (which they probably will) they will get stressed out by it, making them a lot more prone to disease.

Most reactions

Back