Further additions

kev

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a 20 Gallon Tank. Which is now fully cycled. I lost all 12 Cardinal tetras but everthing else pulled through. (6 banded barbs, 6 red eye tetras and 3 sailfin? platys)

My rocks are begining to grow algea and was wondering if i should add a pleco to the tank to keep this under control. I also don't have any real plants (plastic ones only) If i was to add some would this help as well. Do you have any recomendations or it is just a case of looking in my LFS for a few that would look good?? or do some plants have different needs / functions.

I am using a Fluval? 200 for my filtration. how often do I need to change the cartridge inside - I currently just wash it off when I do a water change in the waste water - Is this enough?? This give a nice current around the tank which the fish seem to enjoy (swimming into it them turning and shooting to the other side of the tank) but do i need an airation stone or are these just for effect.

Please help

I would add a small plec to your tank, it will help a bit with the algae (not overnight mind). And they are great fish to watch (try and spot them), just make sure u have some bogwood in there, caus they enjoy sucking on that, they seem unhappy without it.

HTH

Matt :D

Added a pleco and a chunk of bog wood. I scrubbed it and soaked it for 24hours before putting it in the tank. But it seems to have given the water a yellowish tint. I don't think that the filter will be able to make this clear again. Is there any way or will it just get clearer with each water change??

bogwood tends to make the water yellow,its harmless to your fish,and i personally dont tend to worry too much.i believe that there are products to remove the discolouration tho,i think carbon will do it. i'm sure someone else will come along and make further suggestions. :) pebbles

Most reactions

Back