Funny/good moments in fishkeeping

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

VioletThePurple

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
It looks really funny to me when platies eat off stuff. They peck at it, but it looks dumb.

What are your funny/positive moments in fishkeeping?

When my Buenos Aries Tetras juggle Hikari sinking wafers, or drive around the tank looking like a fishing lure with the wafer spoon looking thing attached to their mouth.

Still my all time favorite sight. I feed wingless fruitflies and a few always escape and cling to the underside of the tanks glass top. My Aplocheilus lineatus Golden Wonder Killifish see them and orient themselves vertically like a missile looking straight up , pick their target and launch upwards and pick them off one by one. They never miss.

Gotta LOVE Rope Fish! They are all escape artists but I had a Houdini. It was not unusual to get home from work and pick the thing up off the floor and toss back in the tank. Since they are lung fish they can survive quite awhile out of a tank.

One time I came home and it was gone and I could not find on the floor so I figured that my dog ate it.

Long time later here come the danged thing up through one of my air risers for the under gravel filtration. It had gone through the air riser and had been living under the gravel. LOL! This is when I started using slotted air riser caps! ;)

Gotta LOVE Rope Fish! They are all escape artists but I had a Houdini. It was not unusual to get home from work and pick the thing up off the floor and toss back in the tank. Since they are lung fish they can survive quite awhile out of a tank.

One time I came home and it was gone and I could not find on the floor so I figured that my dog ate it.

Long time later here come the danged thing up through one of my air risers for the under gravel filtration. It had gone through the air riser and had been living under the gravel. LOL! This is when I started using slotted air riser caps! ;)
Oh my goodness! That sounds both hilarious and stressful! Lol.
I once kept neon tetras in the same tank as my betta (don't worry, they had space and didn't bother each other) and if my betta wasn't fast enough, the tetras would try to eat the pellets that I feed to my bettas. It was too big to fit in their mouth, and they would take turns carrying it around in their mouths!

Love when my baby cories all crowd around a food tablet, adorable little guys. When the tablet isn't against the glass, it's a complete circle of cories surrounding it, and eating the top too. Looks like a frantic rugby scrum.

DSCF9498.JPG
DSCF9496.JPG

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back