Fry significantly smaller then others

jellybellyfish

New Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2023
Messages
15
Reaction score
4
Points
3
Location
Australia
My molly gave birth to 22 fry a month ago and they are all growing well apart from one. It is still practically the size it was when birthed and is not attracted to food unlike others. Is there a possibility that it could be blind? And what do I do to help this little fry?
 

Attachments

  • 2CE5F925-0D4B-4315-9F00-C9DE29BC4BCF.webp
    2CE5F925-0D4B-4315-9F00-C9DE29BC4BCF.webp
    212.8 KB · Views: 106
  • F74E81BD-C761-40A9-9D6E-760D51A4814E.webp
    F74E81BD-C761-40A9-9D6E-760D51A4814E.webp
    211.2 KB · Views: 65
  • F528A299-51D1-4995-BE57-8A0AAADB4CB5.webp
    F528A299-51D1-4995-BE57-8A0AAADB4CB5.webp
    167.3 KB · Views: 101
It's probably simply a sickly young fish. I would proceed as you are doing now. Fry need small feedings several times daily, if life lets you do that, and extra water changes as a result. Sometimes fish have developmental lags that right themselves. But I would keep an eye on the fish if it recovers, and not breed it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top