Frontosa & Angelfish?

MAYS

Reaction score
hI, i WAS JUST WANDERING, MY HUBBY IS THINKING OF GETTING FRONTOSA'S (AS i LIKE THEM), BUT I LIKE ANGELFISH'S ALSO.

CAN YOU HAVE FRONTOSA'S & ANGELFISH TOGETHER ????? WE HAVE A RENA 350L TANK

hI, i WAS JUST WANDERING, MY HUBBY IS THINKING OF GETTING FRONTOSA'S (AS i LIKE THEM), BUT I LIKE ANGELFISH'S ALSO.

Frontosa grow to about 15" I think which is massive

Frontosa grow to about 15" I think which is massive
THANKS i KNOW THEY GROW ABIT BIG! BUT CAN U HAVE ANGELS WITH THEM?

HE HAS MALAWI CICHLIDS AT THE MOMENT BUT AS THEY ARE DIFFERENT WE CANT FIGURE OUT THEIR 'SEXING', SO THINKING OF GETTING RID OF THEM. HE USED TO HAVE THEM WITH RED EYE TETRA'S BUT WAS TOLD TO SEPERATE THEM SO HE GOT A TANK OF MALAWI'S (5) AND A TANK OF RED EYE TETRA(6) , I WAS GOING TO PUT ANGEL IN WITH TETRA'S? BUT WE LIKED THE FRONTOSA WHEN WE SEEN ONE THIS WEEKEND...

COULD WE HAVE ANGEL WITH IT OR BEST TO PUT ANGEL WITH RED-EYE TETRA'S..???

HOW MANY FRONTOSA'S CAN WE HAVE IN A 350L TANK?

SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS :)

I think the frontsosas would kill your angels for sure, plus they have different water requirements so I would not put them in the same tank under any circumstances. It's best to keep the angels with the tetras.

Here's a maths sum to explain the consequences of this mix;

Frontosa + Angel = Frontosa.

^
Notice the absense of angels :)

Frontosas would kill angels, no question.

As others have said, not a good idea. While (esp when still young) Frontosas seem pretty timid, in nature they feed on other fish and will generally go for anything that will fit in their mouths, so any Angles/tetras even if it seemed ok to start with would eventually be a tasty snack.

A 350 tank is also a bit small for Frontosa really....they are ideally kept in colonies of 7 or more, which require a suggested minimum of 5ft space, ideally 6ft.

Why not try a combined Angel/tetra tank. You could have quite a show tank with a couple of shoals of tetras and 5-7 Angels, maybe a couple of bristlnose and some dwarf cichlids like apistogrammas? If planted it would look stunning! :good:

Most reactions

Back