Fishaholic
Reaction score
Livestock: L183 STARLIGHT BN
Quantity for sale: AROUND 40
Reason for Sale: TOO MANY FISH
Delivery or Collection: WE CAN POST VIA APC OR COLLECTION FROM NORTH LONDON
Sales price:£10 EACH
Postage & Packaging: ASK FOR MORE DETAILS

We have around 40 L183 starlight fry for sale. They are F1 tank bred by ourselves. They look amazing, really nice examples of the L183. All are around 1-1.5", eating and growing fast.

Feel free to ask any question or arrange to come see (glad to show them off as L183 are really hard to breed! lol)
Pictures can be sent on request.

Thanks for looking...

I doubt I can receive PMs would it be possible to post a pic? do these have the white seam? I'm in north London too so would be able to come pick them up.

I doubt I can receive PMs would it be possible to post a pic? do these have the white seam? I'm in north London too so would be able to come pick them up.

Hi,

Yes they do have the white seams... I can post a pic tomorrow for you :)
cheers

Just as a matter of interest, how much for 2 delivered to Newcastle

I have 2 L182's which have the rusty seams in another tank and love them to bits

Just as a matter of interest, how much for 2 delivered to Newcastle

I have 2 L182's which have the rusty seams in another tank and love them to bits

I know I haven't stopped looking at these! Delivery is per box not fish and we can fit around 20-30 fish in a box. If you pm me your postcode I will get a quote for you tomorrow if that's okay...

thanks

kev

Are you free on Saturday morning for us to come and have a look at the fish? We are after maybe about 4 or 5 (haven't quite yet decided on how many!). If you are around would 10.30am be OK? I don't think you can PM me, so would you be able to send your address to [email protected] and we can sort out a meeting.

Cheers :)

Are you free on Saturday morning for us to come and have a look at the fish? We are after maybe about 4 or 5 (haven't quite yet decided on how many!). If you are around would 10.30am be OK? I don't think you can PM me, so would you be able to send your address to [email protected] and we can sort out a meeting.

Cheers :)

That should be fine will message you now with our address.

thanks

Oh wow I didn't see these before! I retract my request for a long finned one (from the other thread) and request one of these please?! :drool:

I already have 2 bn plecs and a clown plec in my 360L community tank, would I be pushing it to have a Starlight in there as well? :unsure:

I already have 2 bn plecs and a clown plec in my 360L community tank, would I be pushing it to have a Starlight in there as well? :unsure:
The star lights are likely to bully the normal BNs. They get bigger and are known for being more aggressive and theres the risk of crossbreeding so i wouldnt risk it. Thats whats putting me off getting some. If i didnt have BNs already i would have taken 5-6 in a flash.

Hi guys, hope you are both keeping well.

I've been doing a bit of reading about L183s and it suggests they do not do well long term in anything but "black water" of a reasonably acidic pH. Given Southampton's gH of ~14 degrees and kH ~11 degrees, resulting in a pH of ~8.2 out of the tap, would it be fair to say these would be a bad choice for me or any others intrested who have alkaline/hard water?

I've been doing a bit of reading about L183s and it suggests they do not do well long term in anything but "black water" of a reasonably acidic pH. Given Southampton's gH of ~14 degrees and kH ~11 degrees, resulting in a pH of ~8.2 out of the tap, would it be fair to say these would be a bad choice for me or any others intrested who have alkaline/hard water?
Long term i dont think that water will do them any good at all. They like the PH atleast below 7 and nearer the 6 mark if you want any chance of breeding.

The star lights are likely to bully the normal BNs. They get bigger and are known for being more aggressive and theres the risk of crossbreeding so i wouldnt risk it. Thats whats putting me off getting some. If i didnt have BNs already i would have taken 5-6 in a flash.

:shout: :shout: :sad:

Oh wow I didn't see these before! I retract my request for a long finned one (from the other thread) and request one of these please?! :drool:

Of course, we still have some. Did you want to collect or have delivery?

You're right about that UNLESS you have a big tank with lots of bogwood. If the tank had lots of floor space and you broke it up with bogwood and caves so there were distinct territories then you could get away with it. We have had been able to make all manner of combinations work by a bit of careful planning and lots and lots of hidey places!

These babies were bred in pH 8.0 and are currently kept in pH 8.0 water with TDS of 235.We decided to try this as part of a breeding project to get Starlights more tolerant of higher pH ranges and more accessible to people who want them. Our adults have been so happy they bred for us so I think pH has less of an effect on these guys than the literature would have you think.
We have never had any disease/health problems with the colony either so up to you. Personally, I would be happy to have them kept in pH 8.0 and don't believe it would have any detrimental effect on their health, growth or longevity.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back