For Sale: Purple Apple Snails. East London

andieu

Reaction score
I am selling some of the Light Striped Purple Apple Snails that I have raised.(Pomacea Brigesii)
They have only ever lived in a species only tank so have been well looked after and have good condition shells.

I have 2 sizes:

Approx 1cm @ £5.50 each
and
approx 2cm @7.50 each

Prices are negotiable for more than one.

Postage is £6.95 for the next day service (posted on your day of choice Mon-Thurs and guaranteed)or £3.00 for 1st class recorded. (posted on Mondays only at buyer's risk)

This is one of the parents:

IMAG0203-1.jpg

Thanks for reading.
Andi

Just so were clear for 1 snail its £12.45 posted?

Yes that's right.
1x 1cm snail @ £5.50 for the snail + £6.95 for next day delivery, so £12.45
Or
1x 1cm snail@£5.50 + £3.00 1st class recorded = £8.50

Additional snails would travel in the same package so of course there would be no extra p&p for more than one.

do you have any pictures of the babies?
that adult is the best purple i've seen, but are the littleuns the same colour quality?

do you have any pictures of the babies?
that adult is the best purple i've seen, but are the littleuns the same colour quality?

Hi Miss Kitty,
The babies have good colour as well. Unfortunately for my photos the tank I keep the babies in has a very strong harsh light to encourage algae so washes the colours out somewhat (parents live and were photographed in one of my tropical tanks with much warmer, normal lighting) but here are a few shots of a few of them...I'm no photographer, so apologies for the quality :)

IMAG2110.jpg

IMAG2109-1.jpg

IMAG1724.jpg

Andi

I should add for MissKittys benefit...i bought two of these snails when they were on e bay, or rather an earlier batch of snails...anyway the colour of mine are fantastic, both are more purple in colour than the photo, although they were more pink when I got them but they developed a lovely purple colour as they grew

I tried to pm you but it wouldn't let me :(

What sort of prices for multiples? I really love the colour of your snails, but it'd be the most i've ever paid for snails before, more than my adult Tylos!
But I'm really loving the colour :X

Becky

Hiya Becky, I've just had a look on my settings and I don't know why you can't pm me...maybe I don't have enough posts. I have to admit I don't really post here, I just lurk! I have my time filled moderating on another forum :) I will do a discount for multiples, depending on how many you want. There is more info avail on ebay (item number: 320693396781).
EDIT: I think that I'm email-able now, not sure about pm's

@dipsydoodlenoodle... thankyou for your kind words :) I'm so pleased you are happy with them..they are fabulous snails - I just love them :) How are your guys? Have they settled in well?

@dipsydoodlenoodle... thankyou for your kind words :) I'm so pleased you are happy with them..they are fabulous snails - I just love them :) How are your guys? Have they settled in well?

That is no problem :). I was pleased with my snails and your communication so why wouldn't I be happy to recommend you :).

Both of mine are doing really well; they are both fully grown now :). Hopefully one will be a 'daddy' snail soon. He's taken a liking to my purple dark footed lady :). I should post some photos of them :)

That is no problem :). I was pleased with my snails and your communication so why wouldn't I be happy to recommend you :).

Both of mine are doing really well; they are both fully grown now :). Hopefully one will be a 'daddy' snail soon. He's taken a liking to my purple dark footed lady :). I should post some photos of them :)

Well he should be the right age now to reproduce..my 2 original purples have become grandparents in the last 2 days...some eggs hatched in my snail nursery that were from their babies who would probably be about the same age as your guys. :)
Please let me know if you do post photos :D

Well he should be the right age now to reproduce..my 2 original purples have become grandparents in the last 2 days...some eggs hatched in my snail nursery that were from their babies who would probably be about the same age as your guys. :)
Please let me know if you do post photos :D

Snail by dipsydoodlenoodle, on Flickr

That is one of my snails from Andieu; this one has a slightly darker colouration than the other one.

:D Thanks for the photo...he is lovely! Such a good photo of him as well :)

I just bought a lovely purple apple snail for £3.50 in Maidenhead Aquatics.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back