Fluval Spec V

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NottsFishy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals I am goin to be once again owning bettas soon as due to relationship breakdown I've had to sell my 55 gallon tank so I will be downgrading to a smaller one such as the fluval spec v.
I was wondering due to the shape and size of the tank would the filtration still be efficient enough if I was to put a divider in the centre so as to keep two males as I think the tank is big enough for it if not then I will stick to one nice male and some Pygmy cories.
Thank you all.

I have two Spec Vs. Neither of them are divided, but I know of people who have them divided. Those who have them divided extended the filter outflow tube so that it goes through the divider into the farther compartment. All you need is a piece of rubber or vinyl tubing of the same diameter as the existing tubing and cut a hole in your divider so it goes through. That way the water flows into one compartment and is pulled from the other so that it promotes better flow in both sections.

Bit late but thought I'd metion it since you were talking about dividing up a longish smallish tank.

AquaOne do a range quite well suited to the Betta. IIRC its AquaNano Uno (One tank with its own filtration at rear of tank) Duo (two tanks with common filtration at rear) and Trio (three tanks with common filtration at rear). Each 'tank' is small but spacious enough people will keep Bettas in them...so you could get three Bettas in the Trio aquarium.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
  • Essjay
Back