Fluval Ebi Nano Shrimp Tank

well i think ive done it now.

i just wasnt getting the slate right, so i busted out some rocks ive been holding onto for a long time.

IMG_2167.JPG

IMG_2166.JPG

might adjust them a little, but i think im close.

This is going to be a little photo journal as my new Ebi matures into what I hope is a very neat little shrimp-topia.

I have a "first look" thread here in the hardware section. Check it out here.

2011-09-23%25252008.52.51.jpg

So Ive used the Fluval Stratum substrate, its like a clay aggregate type stuff. It fouled up my water something serious for a solid 48 hours. quite frusterating.

then I purchased a redmoor root, took some java moss and java fern and planted her up for now.

2011-09-26%25252016.54.15.jpg

the front moss portion is like a moss wall, just laying down, i superglued moss onto a mesh, then slightly buried it in the substrate.

so far im really liking this tank, and i will be getting some more plants soon.

Im not quite set on the layout of the rocks and wood hardscape. any thoughts ? I want to use the nice slate since it offsets the colors of the substrate so much.

ill be posting better pics tonight when the lighting is ideal and ill bust out the DSLR.
Looks great
What type of mesh did you use?

i weighted it down with a ceramic plant weight, and also its buried into the substrate so it doesnt float :)
Ah ok,
Dont wanna be a naus but do you know what its called so i can look it up?
sounds like just what i'm looking for.
thanks.

If you go into a haberdashery type market stall or shop, or a craft shop, you can ask them for plastic mesh, and they should be able to give you some, or tell you where to get it.

Steve, those rocks look much better than the slate, well done! :good:

do you guys think a couple guppies would be ok in here with my shrimp? like maybe 3 females? the wife wants something pretty, since its sitting on HER desk. lol. ive never owned guppies.

Most reactions

Back