Fluval Aquasky 2.0

Mick85

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I switched my cheap ebay spec LED light for an Aquasky 2.0 a few weeks back. With the cheap LED i never had any BBA but after switching to the Fluval i started seeing little tufts of BBA appearing on the rocks and heater. So i removed all blue/green/red light out of the settings and have been running pure white light for a couple of weeks as well as spot dosing the BBA with excel which worked in getting rid of it. Once all the BBA was gone i tried to introduce a bit of colour back into the spectrum but after a few days i noticed the BBA coming back! I have to say with the white light only the plants are still doing quite well, they're still growing and looking green as ever. Should i just leave it as is with the white light or is there a way i can add different colours back into the spectrum without making the BBA grow back?

mbsqw1d

Fish Gatherer
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
My understanding is that you want more red than blue

dutto73

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was told BBA will grow under any light and it has most probably entered your tank via spores from plants.
I too had BBA years ago; it was everywhere, on plants deco even through my gravel.... (i got rid of the lot) and started all over