April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

lilhurleybunny

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Swimmin around in the Chesapeake Bay ;) in Marylan
Hey guys!
This is just a quick question. Can I water my house plants with the water I take out of the tank during water changes? I'm wondering if there are any excess chemicals, but I'm not sure. If I can this will be great seeing that I'm a huge slacker when it comes to doing both of these tasks B) .

Thanks!

I had heard that it was actually benefical for your plants as they need some elements which arent good for your fish... but im sure someone will be around to tell u for sure soon :)

If it has nitrates then its like watering with a fertiliser isnt it?

Yes the tank water will have a supply of nitrates which the plants will use, most planted tank people will use the water from their tanks to use on the garden or indoor plants, but any tank water will contain a good supply of nitrates, beats putting the water down the drain anyway and it will definatly help ordinary houseplants.

Water from the aquarium makes one of the best fertilizer. It brought back dying citrus tree back to life. It then grew like crazy!

Hi lilhurleybunny :)

Be sure to put that "fish manure," that comes up from the gravel when you syphon, on the plants too. They charge a lot of money for that stuff at a plant store. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back