Fish Vine

hihi100202

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
482
Reaction score
2
Points
18
Location
USA
when i go to petCo i see these fake vines that are made for reptiles, i was wondering if i could put those in a fish tank. I think it would be kool if my shrimp had sompthing to cimb on. sorta like birds on a wire. anyways, would it be safe for them?

ty,
hihi
 
when i go to petCo i see these fake vines that are made for reptiles, i was wondering if i could put those in a fish tank. I think it would be kool if my shrimp had sompthing to cimb on. sorta like birds on a wire. anyways, would it be safe for them?

ty,
hihi

I've been wondering this as well...
 
I have quite a few of these in my tank, they just attach with suckers, I'll try and post a picture when I can get onto photobucket at lunchtime. They look great as a background, I just have them against a black background, but the fish seem to love it, I've had a bit of an algae growth on it, but the beauty is, just un-sucker it and give it a good wash or get a few fish that like to eat the algae and it looks lovely again.
 
Here are the pictures, first one is as I first inherited the tank
DSCN1099.jpg


Second one after Severums re-homed and turned into a community tank.
IMG_0197.jpg


The first one shows them a lot cleaner and lighter than they are now.

Sorry they're not brilliant pictures, but you kind of get the idea

Flippa
 
oooooooo im liking them, may be getting some myself,
 
kool ty ppl, i think i will get 1 soon. ty 4 the help!
 
Please no text speak. Text speak is for phone's, or something like AIM. Not a forum, plus you have a full QWERTY Keyboard infront of you.
 
Lol I'm via blackberry but I can't stand text talk...


On the subject I know wally world has decorative plastic plants vines etc...they are very cheap and safe...no more 16 dollar giant plants from petco!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top