Fish That Do Well In Hard Water

Green Bay has reasonably hard water. I filter it to bring it down some. But, honestly...most fish work, unless they are VERY picky about soft water. If they are...it's time to find new fish, or think about RO.
 
Green Bay has reasonably hard water. I filter it to bring it down some. But, honestly...most fish work, unless they are VERY picky about soft water. If they are...it's time to find new fish, or think about RO.

What has everyone been meaning by RO water? Is Ro a type of filter?
 
RO is reverse Osmosis. It's a process that removes a lot of things from the water, essentually, sterilizing it. Honestly, it removes everything from the water. In fact, most people that use it, use a percentage of tap water, to put some minerals back into it.

Myself...I except things the way they are. I remove the heavy metals in my water. I use a Brita Filter attach to my faucet to remove chlorine and such things. The rest of it...I just except and go on.
 
Myself...I except things the way they are. I remove the heavy metals in my water. I use a Brita Filter attach to my faucet to remove chlorine and such things. The rest of it...I just except and go on.


I have to do the same here, I live close to Wausau in the country with very hard water. I use the same brita pitcher filter 2 stage to take out minerals. I noticed with the 3 stage filter it doesn't bring down the hardness. Yes, I do it the hard way :S
 
So everything I wanted to keep will thrive in hard water except the Blue german rams? Thats kind of a downer they are what I wanted the most.
 
So everything I wanted to keep will thrive in hard water except the Blue german rams? Thats kind of a downer they are what I wanted the most.
Livebearers -mollies, guppies, swordtails are OK in hard water. Also Central American cichlids like convicts and keyhole AND jewel cichlids. Live in London with hard water and pH 7-7.5 and they're all just fine.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top