Fish Spawned Today

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tom1035

Reaction score
My fathead's just spawned in a clay pot and I have no anti-fungal treatment to use. I moved the pot into an empty 10 gallon that was sitting around. I filled the 10 gallon up with freshly treated tap water and put in an air stone and I have it really bubbling & moving the water around. 95% of the eggs are clear, some have fallen off the top of the pot and sank to the bottom of it, I guess the stickyness of some of the eggs weren't that great. Some of the eggs are sort of white, I assume this is fungus on them and I should remove them quickly, can I expect to hatch most of the eggs without them fungus-ing over?

The LFS is pretty far away, and I'd rather not have to make the trip out there if possible to get some anti-fungal meds.

Hi I dont bother with anti fungal meds for hatching eggs,. just remove with tweezers any eggs that have turned white, and do around 50% daily water changes. You need to really check and remove white eggs regularly, you should get a fair few hatch even without antifungal meds.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back