Fish Room Project

Will try get some pics.once some work has been done on the tank :good:
I got the tank to use for the tropheus and add a couple of gobies, the more I look at it I see sand sifters, big cyps, some lelupi and god knows what else :rolleyes:
It will still be for the tropheus, have sourced some more red rainbow kasanga so going to find out about adding some to the group at the time of moving to the new tank, definatley going with gobies, it's the other two tanks I dont know what to do with now :lol:

No braces inside the hood for attaching lighting to :grr:

Got the silicone out and attached the background, I didn't bother trimming the edges from the last section (kept it rough), I'll be honest I didn't do the best job but I think it looks great :good:
Sorry no pics as yet :blush:
Working Saturday so thinking moving the egg crate and rocks over from the Roma240 and get some sand in :good:

Hi, received a couple of emails from ND , they are going tp send out the black braces for the lighting . . . .

UnderHood.jpg

UnderHood2.jpg

UnderHood3.jpg

The background is fitted to the new tank, with the gift of hindsight I should have held off a bit before fitting, was very tired when I fitted it, still looks good though, removed the rocks from the Roma240 and removed the egg crate, both now in the 6' . . .
Over the last while I have been syphining loads of sand from the Roma240 when doing water changes , have a 12ltr bucket full, put this in the 6' today. Also did 50% water change on the 240, all the old water with some sand and some tap water put in. About 30(ish)%
The rocks really filled the 240, in the 6' I just couild not get them a way I liked them, I'm sure they will look fine but you know how hard it is being a perfectionist :lol:

WhiteEggcrate_img_lg-1.jpg

Nightshift tonigh followed by a 13 hour shift tomorrow, looks like Tuesday will add more water, add the heater and Fluval FX5 , all the water from the Roma240 and the Tropheus to there new home.

Will order black sand for the 190, going to strip it down, remove all substrate and add the balck sand, then plan some stock, thinking Paracyps and kungweensis or Sumbu. Still unsure on the 240, have sourced 10 Multifasciatus fairly local so the temptation is there, just add loads of shells :good:

Cheers for looking, Sean

A perfectionist, you? I`d never believe it!! :hyper: :hyper: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As always I`m looking forward to seeing the progress :good: :good:

A perfectionist, you? I`d never believe it!! :hyper: :hyper: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As always I`m looking forward to seeing the progress :good: :good:

The way it's going I might just use the 6' for a Multies tank, or growing on all those Cyp fry :lol:
I still don't like the rock scape, they totally filled the 240 :rolleyes:

Added some more water for the 4' tonight then quite a few buckets added from the tap, , , not quite there yet .. . a few inches to go then all filled, it's the height thats deceiving on this one 'cos the rocks are going to be very low. . . .
Popped the new 300w heater in, will need an extension to have it on the other side of the tank, the lead is really short :grr: Still not happy with the rock layout, I stuck on a small rena100 air pump and a small sponge filter the other night (maybe last night), has definatley helped clear up the cloudy water. :good:
Have just done a 13 hour shift which followed a 12 hour night shift so not doing any more tonight, yawn. . .
Off all day tomorrow so planning to move the FX5 over, and I'll also use the rena600 and 2 big sponges for a while, will need a second filter, I don't like the look of the big internal heater ( I knew this would happen :lol: ) , maybe rob one of the tetratecs and the hydor external heater from the shellie tank :unsure:
On a plus side I really like the background and think the Trophs will like there new home :lol:

how big are the cyps now? ;)

Some of them are a cm or so, some a bit larger, there were a few I found with egg sacks when all the adults snuffed it, they are much smaller, I know they are ok in the fry tank but the Roma240 sitting doing nothing :sad:

Hi , nearly all done now, a few diversions so not turned out exactly how I planned . . .

The 6' Tropheus tank - really happy with it, need to save up now to add a second filter, got some algae coming in on the background, happy with that though, makes it more natural looking :good:

P270611_1948_01.jpg

P270611_1948.jpg

On Friday picked up 6 (turned out to be 7), exLamprolgus multifasciatus, today picked up 8 from another LFS, a wee bit of squabbling so removed all decor and flattned the sand till they sort out the pecking order, also ordered some Escargot shells, 96 should be enough (to start with) :lol:

P270611_1947_02.jpg

P270611_1947_01.jpg

Was getting some earache today about the wee fry tank taking up space on the kitchen worktop :grr: Was also getting earache because the same fry were supposed to be taking up redidence in the Roma240 :grr:
Moved them into breeding traps just now, temporary :good:

P270611_1945_02.jpg

P270611_1945_01.jpg

P270611_1946_04.jpg

P270611_1946_02.jpg

P270611_1946_01.jpg

P270611_1945_04.jpg

P270611_1945_03.jpg

I found 2 wee shell dweller fry in there that survived the time the filter clogged :good:

As for the 190ltr I will need to move on some of the Sumbu Shell, have 9 in there , the 2 Kungweensis are showing spawning behaviour but as soon as they "settle in" one of the Sumbu pinches there wee turf, will try set up the fry tank somewhere and see how the Kungweensis get on.
Will probably put some of the Cyp fry in here also, need to move most of them on though, wil get some black sand for this tank. Actually looking forward to stripping it all down soon and starting from scratch with it :good:
Just need some cash, have my eye on a couple of Gobies for the Tropheus tank, had planned big sand sifters and Caudopunctatus for the 240 but now it's a Multi tank.... :good:

This needs a good old clean up job :good:

Oops, was watching Earl!!!!
P270611_1948_02.jpg

P270611_1949.jpg

So nearly there, cheers for looking, Sean :good:

i noticed u mentioned the leads on the heater being too short, Ive had to extend about 4 different pieces of equipments leads cuz they are always way to short to route them in a way that they dont look horrible. It might be a little risky, but I soddered a longer piece of wire on, and then then shrink tubed the area. looks good and is very well sealed. might be something to think about if u have any DIY ambition. tanks are looking great btw :good:

Most reactions

Back