Hi,
I have a QT tank which had some fish in. I decided to change from gravel to sand without thinking about the fact I had a UG filter. I then had to replace the filter so now have an uncycled tank. This was about 2 weeks ago.
I am currently running a fish in cycle with 4 ADFs 1 Cockatoo Cichlid and 6 Cherry barbs. I know a lot for a cycle but I kept the fish out until ammonia reached 0. So now my ammonia is 0 and I never let my nitrites get above 0.25. It's hard to tell on nitrates as my tap has 30-40ppm.
Anyway my question is if i'm fish-in cycling with that many fish and ammonia is 0 and nitrite is 0.25 am I almost there??
Thanks
I have a QT tank which had some fish in. I decided to change from gravel to sand without thinking about the fact I had a UG filter. I then had to replace the filter so now have an uncycled tank. This was about 2 weeks ago.
I am currently running a fish in cycle with 4 ADFs 1 Cockatoo Cichlid and 6 Cherry barbs. I know a lot for a cycle but I kept the fish out until ammonia reached 0. So now my ammonia is 0 and I never let my nitrites get above 0.25. It's hard to tell on nitrates as my tap has 30-40ppm.
Anyway my question is if i'm fish-in cycling with that many fish and ammonia is 0 and nitrite is 0.25 am I almost there??
Thanks







