Fish Identification Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ny82 said:

Yup, I wan't happy. They are quite funny to watch though when they are eating :) They're common round here so I went and collected some and brought them back :) Set-up a tank and there we go lol.
Lillefishy said:
European bullhead
Cottus gobio

Oh pooh, I just got it too

You can have it lillefishy :) 

I have never seen them before!

Go lillefishy! Make it an easy one after all that :p

Ny82 said:
I have never seen them before!

Go lillefishy! Make it an easy one after all that :p

Go to your local river and turn some stones over
wink.png
You'll see them of all sizes from mm's long to inches long
smile.png

That was supposed to be easy lol.

Really? I will need to take the little one then. We took her to the beach a few weeks ago and she was determined she was bringing a crab home for the fish tank! We were like no chance haha!

Me neither, was a lucky find after going through pages of predatory fish lol

Both names please

b544d20b2399ef9d08adff179cd5aeb2.jpg

Ny82 said:
Really? I will need to take the little one then. We took her to the beach a few weeks ago and she was determined she was bringing a crab home for the fish tank! We were like no chance haha!

Haha, yeah :) Whereabouts in the UK are you? If you're anywhere near the River Sheaf they are especially abundant in there lol. That's where I got mine from, the River Sheaf. You may need to wade in the shallow area's so I would where rubber wellies :) Just gently pick stones up and turn them over and you should see little ones dart out from under them.

I am up north in scotland. I am sure I will find something lol.

Lillefishy is it an ameca splenden?

Oh I know it I think but I want to give someone else a go XD I'll keep quiet lol.

It's not a livebearer is it lol

I could be wrong actually. I thought it was a Spanish Toothcarp(Aphanius iberus) but it looks wrong for some reason so I might be wrong :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back