Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fish Ick Inquiry

Discussion in 'New to the Hobby Questions and Answers' started by Hamsnacks, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Hamsnacks

Hamsnacks Fish Fanatic

I am now dealing with Fish Ick again after everything was going good for so long, didn't quarantine fish from a seller who I've never had issues with in the past.

Now in the past I've always done the heating method, 2 Weeks at 88F, vacuuming substrate every 2-3 days, and water changes. Have always been successful. Only ever lost 3-4 fish in total.
    I must have caught this Ick late because it looks pretty bad on some of the fish, but my biggest concern right now, I have lost about 50 Fish, every few hours I check and there are more fish dead, mostly Cardinals and RummyNose, is this normal? Lost a YoYo Loach, and German Ram as well, very disappointing.

Water Perimeters are all good as well, everything 0 and Nitrate at 20ppm.

I guess I'm asking, is this just a severe case of Ick or is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks

2. Metalhead88

Metalhead88 Fish Crazy

Sounds like a tough case. I've had luck treating ich in the past, but the last time heat alone did nothing and things were looking worse.

I had to medicate with rid ich and things got better immidiately. Only one fish developed the ich and he's still in the tank today.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Deanasue

Deanasue Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Global Moderator Tank of the Month Winner!

I agree. I use the heat method but if fish are dying that fast I’d get Rid Ich too.

• Like Like x 1