Fish Food Advice

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Leedsboi86

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I was speaking to the owner of my LFS today and he informed me about some new Fish Food Pellets they had been getting in apprently selling like hotcakes.
He also offerd to sell me then in bulk lots.

I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in buying these new pellets?
By the way I'm not actualy selling them yet I'm just getting everyones opinions.

The details for food are.

Crude Protien: 17%
Crude Fat: 3%
Crude Fibre: 4%
Moisture: 10%

I tried some of them on my Betta today and he gobbled them all up so I know he seems to like them.

I would be selling that are £2.00 for 100G which is more then half the R.R.P

Just wondering what ya all think?

That doesn't seem like much protein :S most of my food is around 40%

I think shipping would offset any discount in price for me though :p

How would this be for prices

100G - £2.00
200G - £3.50
400G - £7.00

Shipping would be £1.20 for 200G and them a further £0.20 for every added 100G

I have tried it with my 2 female bettas and they seem to enjoy it too.

Only downside is I'm not allowed to advertise them with Company Name due to legal reasons all I can say is there a well know Fish Food Company.

I will also be making some vouchers for Money off with certain orders.

What ya think?

Here's what I think;

At that price it comes out to around $20 per pound. I pick up a pound of fish flake for $8.25. Shipping from New York to Chicago costs about $2. This isn't cheap food, I get it from a professional breeder. Here's the analysis;

Analysis: Min. Protein - 46%, Min. Fat - 14%, Max. Fiber - .7%
Salmon Meal, Shrimp/Plankton & Krill Meal, Oat/Wheat/Soybean Flours, Fish Oil, Lecithin, Spirulina, Vitamin & mineral supplement, Frozen Brine Shrimp, Spirulina, Kelp Meal, Spray-dried egg, Methionine, Some coloring, No preservatives.

I can get pellets for $3 to $5 per pound, but I don't like the percentages or the ingredients;

Analysis: Min. Protein - 35%, Min. Fat - 4%, Max. Fiber - 5%
Ground whole wheat, Salmon Meal, Soybean Meal, Blood Meal, Stabilized Fish Oil, Krill Meal, Vitamins and minerals

Bottom line; Way overpriced, poor analysis, unknown ingredients.

Also;

"Members posting items for sale which are, or appear to be part of a commercial enterprise, (ongoing availibility included), will have their posts removed and receive a warning, in line with the existing board rules. Members wishing to advertise commercial goods and/or services should contact the site owner, William."

[URL="http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=128390"]http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=128390[/URL]

Just for your infomation.
I wasn't advertiseing the food I was lookin into what people think!

Also I don't think $2 would cover postage to UK.

Also commercial enterprise which post u been lookin at?
It's not gonna be a on going thing like I said bulk buy so not gonna last forever.
But rather then buying 1 tub for £4.99 I can bulk buy it and sell what I don't need to others for price I pay.
Take along time for 3 Bettas to get throgh 100G of pellets nevermind the bulk box.

But anyway I won't bother getting it in, My Betta food is pre-paid for so I won't bother.

Well, I'm a person, and that's what I think. :)

Nope ur a American theres a diffrence... Prices in UK really suck anyway doesn't help £1 for us is about $2-3 for you.

Standard fish flakes £3.50+
Standard Pellets £3.00+

Thats from P@H

And thats not even for 100G think its about 40G

Not everyone can get bulk or find shipping for £1 as you say but I find that unlikely in UK.... it costs £1.20 to send a DVD here

P.S The american thing isn't a insult it's refrence to the mass price diffrence between UK and US.
When I had family over from America they thought everything in UK was overpriced which was funny to watch when they thought a £30.00 meal was expensive cause it was like $60.00 for them

"I was lookin into what people think!"

"Nope ur a American theres a diffrence"

So being an American makes me not a person? (insert head scratching smiley)

1 GBP= $2.04 USD.

I could give you the PetSmart or Petco price on food, and it would be equally expensive. Anyone who can google for fish food can beat that price. I am sure there is cheaper food, with higher quality available.

Read the add on comment to last post lol.

And I wouldn't be sending stuff to US anyway...
Same as ebay cause alot of people say things haven't turned up when I have tracking to prove it has...
Also Royal Mail are bloody useless for sending outside of Euro.

Anyway like I said not sellin on here just lookin at options.

I already have quite afew ppl from Ebay interested that have made "Temp-Orders" if I do bulk buy.

Also, ten percent moisture, the nutrients dissolve quickly.

Very true. Also, too much moisture plus being kept in an area that is a little warm will make the food go moldy. If that ever happens you have some expensive fertilizer for your garden.

I don't know why anyone would want to buy this product at all. :no: Buying a fish food should be based on nutrition, not on cost. In the long run, it's worth it to get the best.

The human equivalent to feeding this low protein fish food might be someone serving their family a dinner of consisting of bread alone instead of a balanced meal of steak, potatoes and a salad. :/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back