Fish Confidence?

Jallen

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
601
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Hampshire, England
So I have some angels and guppies, and the guppies are not scared of me atall, just like Kuhli loaches, they don't even seem to care that I'm there. However my angels are pretty nervous. They hang out at the back corners alot.
Other than increased planting / dark substrate / dark backing, what can I do to make them less nervous? I've only had them a day, so it's more of a question of what should I do from now to make them confident, swimming at the front and things (and following my finger?)

Also, I got a flower shrimp (aka singapore wood shrimp) and one of its arms was ripped off when I got it. Will it grow back?
 
So I have some angels and guppies, and the guppies are not scared of me atall, just like Kuhli loaches, they don't even seem to care that I'm there. However my angels are pretty nervous. They hang out at the back corners alot.
Other than increased planting / dark substrate / dark backing, what can I do to make them less nervous? I've only had them a day, so it's more of a question of what should I do from now to make them confident, swimming at the front and things (and following my finger?)

Also, I got a flower shrimp (aka singapore wood shrimp) and one of its arms was ripped off when I got it. Will it grow back?

"I've only had them a day"

I think this is a key part of your question,
Angels are a cichlid and like any other cichlid they have an adjustment period, (not sure why but they all do, some sulk, some hide, etc etc.) This can last any where from 2 days to 2 weeks, but once the fish is settled you'll notice.

when the shrimp has its next molt it might grow back (not sure on this one)
make sure it has somewhere safe to hide or the angels may decide to attack it when it is most vulnerable
 
Ok, thanks.

Another question I forgot about.
I read that Bolivian Rams are fine with other fish except other cichlids. Would they be aggressive towards an angel and vice versa?
 
Ok, thanks.

Another question I forgot about.
I read that Bolivian Rams are fine with other fish except other cichlids. Would they be aggressive towards an angel and vice versa?

Rams are a small relatively peaceful species, In the wild they live in harmony with small shoaling species like neons/cardinals and larger fish like angels/Discus,

As long as you have enough space for both species they should get on fine
 

Most reactions

Back
Top