Fish arrival

Magnar

Reaction score
The tank is now cycled and six neon tetras have been added. They hung around in a gang earlier, but later skuttled around the tank investigating. If all goes well I'll be adding some cory catfish (four), a couple more neon tetras, then some ghost shrimp. I'll keep you all updated as to progress. Any further advice is always welcomed.

Question: Many people on this forum seem to love Ghost shrimp. May I ask what the attraction is? Just curious. :)

ooOoO ghost shrimp. I'm one of the ones who loves their lil shrimpies, so I'll explain my point of view. They're cheap, a great cleaning crew, interesting AND entertaining to watch! They're less than a buck, and keep your tank bottom wonderfully tidy for such a low price. Mine always are scrounging around for pieces of food that the fishies missed. Sometimes they even go the surface during feeding time and hang upside down to catch pieces - soooo cool to watch. I'd say one of the most interesting things to watch is them eat - they have all these lil feet that they pick up the food with, and then they shove it in, and you can literally watch it move through them. They're totally see-through so you watch their stomach contract and expand.... sounds sorta gross but really very interesting. I definitely recommend them - so easy and so fun. :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back