Fish And Turtles?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fishie_bird

Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering if their was any fish that could go in the same tank as these turtles, my freind has a large tank (not sure what size, but its mid size like not 29gall but not 55 gall so.. and of course there will be "above (ooops SP, cant spell today, LOL) spots for the turtles so.... Thanks
2 Red Eared Sliders
2 Razorback Musks
1 Spiny softshell
1 Stinkpot

hi,

fish = turtle food and the ones they don't eat they will take chunks out of.

Emma
I have a 2 inch turtle in a 55 gallon with numerous guppies, ghost shrimp, minnows, danios, snails, and plecos. Emma is correct.....there also used to be 2 singapore shrimp that made a tasty meal for the turt! I knew this when I added everything so I really can't complain.

holy crap, that is way way way too many turtles for that one tank! hope she's got a pond somewhere...

WOW........I hadn't read that part about how many and what kind of turts......just the question part! Pica is so right.....that is WAYYYYYYYYY to many for a tank! The general rule of thumb for turtles is for every inch of shell they need 10 gallons of water. Red Ear Sliders grow to be 7" to 9" each. Razorback Musks grow to 5" to 6". Spiny softshells have 7 sub species so I am not sure which one we are talking about, but they grow to be 5" to 9 1/2" if male and 6 1/2" to 18" (yes thats 18") if female, they also require totally different habitats than the other turtles in this tank. Softshells need a soft bottom like a fine sand substrate because they like to burrow in the sand. Stinkpots grow to be 4" to 5". There are different water temps and basking temps for these turtles too and also water conditions. A 29gallon tank for all these turtles would be like stuffing you under the bathroom sink and letting you live there! :crazy:

Most reactions

trending

Back