Fireworks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chesterscot

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hi guys just wanted to have a rant lol
if anyone is having a fireworks display in their garden and thier neighbours keep animals can you please show some respect and let the ppl know also can they use fireworks suitable for the size of the area the display is in

its like bagdad here ive got three staffys that wont go out for a wee (at all) and they are crying as they wont mess on the floor even the pup
and my birds in the avairy are flying blind in the dark in to walls as there are flashes coming from neighbours gardens that sydney australia would be proud of
thanx for reading this scot :(

this annoys me my cat died last year from and epileptic fit induced by stress from fireworks :(. i dont buy rockets only those candel things that dont make a noise. if anyones having trouble keep your pet in a dark room with a litter tray. but my area isnt so bad this year.(letting then of in august not nove,ber

good advise mine dont know what a litter tray is though and itd have to be a big cloth to cover the avairy though thankfully most have now been shood in to the shed
scot :good:

Id like to add its not just animals that dont like fireworks, young kids also do not like them, but it doesnt stop people setting them off all hours of the night without regard for kids trying to sleep, scared witless because of all the bangs etc.

It wouldnt be so bad if it was one night of the year, but they start weeks before and carrying for weeks after, then to top it off, apparently its fun to wake the entire neighbourhood on news years too.

Yes I was scrooge in a past life.

hyes your right my younger cousin is hiding behind the sofa as we speak bless him. its unfair. there should be a law. fireworks only allowed to be let of on 5th november between hours of 5 and 8pm and on new years eve maybe one or 2 to celabrate. there only sold for 9 days a year i think. so how do they get them in august. ILLEGAL :rolleyes:

hyes your right my younger cousin is hiding behind the sofa as we speak bless him. its unfair. there should be a law. fireworks only allowed to be let of on 5th november between hours of 5 and 8pm and on new years eve maybe one or 2 to celabrate. there only sold for 9 days a year i think. so how do they get them in august. ILLEGAL :rolleyes:
Good to see the killjoys are out in force! ;)

Anyone can sell fireworks without a licence:

First day of Chinese New Year and 3 days prior
Diwali and 3 days prior
Between 15th October and 10th November
Between 26th and 31st December

Outside of these times you just have to apply for a licence so it is perfectly legal to purchase fireworks all year round.

Fireworks rule, just had a nice dos around...People with animals should put them in a secure and quiet room, although as you said neighbours should tell you if they are planning something.

Acclimate your dogs to the variety of things they are going to experience in their lives. This makes things that are fairly ordinary easy to deal with.

The variety of things I expose a pup to at a young age is a very long list. Fireworks is one of them, power tools, motorcycles, emergency vehicles, it is a long list. These are only a few of the sound related items, sight, smell, the whole thing is a bit of work, but in the long run worth it.

Pups have a window when they are young, that starts to close at around 5 months of age. Before this they are very receptive to anything new, and will easily come to see it as an ordinary part of life. With older dogs it takes a little more work, gradual acclimation, small steps using a recording is good for things such as fireworks, thunder, most any loud sound.

Start the recording very softly, almost inaudible. Do this daily for several days, every few days turn it up just a little. If the dog seems stressed, you went too loud too fast. It might take a week, it might take months, but eventually the dog will get used to your sound system full tilt, fireworks, thunder, heavy equipment, whatever.

If dogs were naturally afraid of fireworks hunting dogs would not exist.

Acclimate your dogs to the variety of things they are going to experience in their lives. This makes things that are fairly ordinary easy to deal with.

The variety of things I expose a pup to at a young age is a very long list. Fireworks is one of them, power tools, motorcycles, emergency vehicles, it is a long list. These are only a few of the sound related items, sight, smell, the whole thing is a bit of work, but in the long run worth it.

Pups have a window when they are young, that starts to close at around 5 months of age. Before this they are very receptive to anything new, and will easily come to see it as an ordinary part of life. With older dogs it takes a little more work, gradual acclimation, small steps using a recording is good for things such as fireworks, thunder, most any loud sound.

Start the recording very softly, almost inaudible. Do this daily for several days, every few days turn it up just a little. If the dog seems stressed, you went too loud too fast. It might take a week, it might take months, but eventually the dog will get used to your sound system full tilt, fireworks, thunder, heavy equipment, whatever.

Good points their Tolak

Also it is good to leave your dog when it is frightened, Dont go up and reassure/cuddle it as they see this as a way to get attention and then associate the scaredness with attention

My dogs quite good, she doesn't bother with them!!

My old dogs though..
My Mum used to have to lock them in the kitchen in the dark with the radio one really loud and gave them loads of cardboard boxes to chew haha :)

xx

That's very true :) ..
When we first got my dog it was nearly bonfire night so she must have got used to them straight away
and she goes motoX racing every weekend with my mum dad and brother.. SHE LOVES IT!!!!!! She goes mental when she knows it's motoX time
and she doesn't bother one bit about bikes..

She's still scared of the hoover though! hahaha silly billy!!!!

xx

As already stated, it is perfectly legal to buy and let off fireworks all year round, between 7pm and 11pm (I think)
Obviously there are exceptions to this rule (5th Nov, new years for example)

My stash last year;
DSC_5573.jpg

The Display (7 minutes)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oqfQFTFMHVA

i was quite prepare to lock the cats in, but they were asleep in the boxes anyway. then some firework was let off that woke them up and they WANTED to go out to investigate. every night this week so far, they go out as soon as the firework starts :rolleyes: i'm the one who get anxious in case the get hit by firework and it would be my fault yet i can't keep them in because they would drive me crazy until i let them out.

As already stated, it is perfectly legal to buy and let off fireworks all year round, between 7pm and 11pm (I think)
Obviously there are exceptions to this rule (5th Nov, new years for example)

My stash last year;
DSC_5573.jpg

The Display (7 minutes)
<a href="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oqfQFTFMHVA" target="_blank">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oqfQFTFMHVA</a>

It seems you was buying more on Ebay also, well by your laptop being on Ebay :p...

How much did you spend on that lot then?

just under £600 I think

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back